Monday 18 June 2012

My Treasure


When you look at this picture you see lots of stuff.  When I look at this picture I see special things which hold memories from places I have been and experiences I have had. 

For example, the Antique silver photo frames I bought at the Notting Hill markets in London a few years ago.  They house special photos of my Harry when he was little.  The rock with the shell embedded in it was handed to me by Harry when we were on a beach on a family trip to New Zealand a couple of years back.  The flat stone sitting in front of it I found recently on a beach at Coffs Harbour when Olivia and I were on our Sydney Road Trip.  The little still life oil painting I found in a market in Paris when I visited there with some friends a couple of years ago and the pretty fresh flowers were picked from my garden over the weekend and include my first 4 poppies for this season.

Every single item on that chest of drawers is a piece of treasure which I cherish.  I didn't just buy these things to fill the top of my chest.  That's not what it's about.  I have collected these things and every piece holds a very special memory. 

xx
Anna

20 comments:

Laura said...

So nice!

iLa said...

And that's the way it should be. Keep the things that truely mean something to you and celebrate them and their value in your everyday.

You are so true and authentic!

iLa

pve design said...

...now that is a treasure chest!
pve

meenal bishnoi said...

love the sentiment expressed by you..that's exactly how a home should be decorated..a treasure trove of memories! xx meenal

vintagemovement said...

A beautiful collection of keepsakes also love the Staffordshire Dogs!

eLIZabeth Floyd said...

Love, Love, Love the sentiment! And it shows in the way you design and layer objects, if the objects were just purchased to adorn, the spaces would be too "designed". Instead your work always has a flow and rhythm that can only come from emotion.

roz said...

yep , most definitely agree ..

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Beautiful possessions with meaning mixed with colour on the walls, just heart warming, love Posie

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Beautiful possessions with meaning mixed with colour on the walls, just heart warming, love Posie

Jamie Herzlinger said...

Anna! Happy Summer! I can totally relate to having things that have special memories! I have my girls pictures and artwork scattered all over my house and office! I keep everything from baby clothes to recent trip pictures! I loved keeping up with your blog! Love, Jamie Herzlinger

miss b said...

I too love to surround myself with things that bring back memories of holidays etc. I often bring back maybe just one special item.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

Truly beautiful post! Couldn't agree more. Love looking around my apartment, full of the best memories!

Jenna @ Prima Haven
http://primahavenblog.blogspot.com/

Caroline said...

What a beautiful dresser, and even more beautiful that each of these things has a special memory for you!

Anonymous said...

Love it Anna!

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

They are all beautiful and what a lovely way to decorate, with meaning. xx

VICTORIA said...

Love the colour popping painting.

Unknown said...

I just started following your blog & i adore it.
This year i am trying to make my dreams come true.

follow back, please & thank you <3

Heather said...

Where did you find the porcelain dogs? I've been searching for some that aren't super expensive.

Lucy Middlemarch and Co. said...

so much to be said for surrounding ourselves with things we love!

MB said...

This post is why, after all these years, I still enjoy reading your blog. You get down to the bones of design which requires a level of authenticity that many designers seem to be missing. Well done:)